The history of Halyts'ka heraldry has a very old traditions. On a seal from a diploma of prince Andrew and prince Lev II (1316) is lion without any emblazonry. The sources of the XV century give facts about existence of emblems in 1410 on a flag of L'viv lands. It was a yellow lion leaned against a rock on azure field. Maybe it symbolized the situation of the land at the foot of the Carpathians. Since the middle of the XV century that sign (with a crown on the lion's head ) is known as the emblem of the Rus' province which united Peremys'ka, Sianyts'ka, Halyts'ka and Kholms'ka (since the XVI century) lands.